Pacella Research Center
Research Activities & Selected Citations
Projects Regarding Experimental Validation of Referential Process Measures
1) Comparison of self report measures of emotion regulation and somatic symptoms to measures of the referential process applied to early memories and early memories of being sick.
2) Language features of event descriptions: The relationship of narrativity to episodic memory strength and Referential Activity.
3) Nonverbal vocal communication of emotions in interviews with child and adolescent psychoanalysts: The reliability of time marker coding for the calibration and ongoing development of the Variable Time Discourse Attributes Analysis Program (vtDAAP).
4) Language analysis of publicly told personal narratives: Are “Moth” stories that are more often viewed on the internet higher in HPWRAD?
5) Measuring the trait component of speech disfluency using computerized language measures.
6) Measuring emotional communication through language style: The dimension of evocativeness measured as Referential Activity.
7) Analysis of Deceptive Speech.
8) Analysis of Language Measure Profiles.
Ongoing studies that have been submitted to the International Psychoanalytical Association Open Door Review of Research Studies
1) Beneath the Surface of the Therapeutic Interaction: The Psychoanalytic Method in Modern Dress.
2) Measures of the Referential Process in Therapeutic Change.
3) Objective Measures of Subjective Experience; The Use of Therapist Notes in Process-Outcome Research.
4) Title: Studies of Child Analysis Practice in the U.S.
5) Title: Development of a Defense Mechanisms Ratings Manual for Children’s Play; Author(s) and Affiliation: Tehela Nimroody, Leon Hoffman, Chris Christian, and Timothy Rice: Pacella Parent Child Center Research Division of the New York Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
March 30, 2017
March 31, 2017